Managed Services ? A Modern Approach to ITBrandon Carnahan
Managed services is the practice of outsourcing as a strategic method for improving operations and reducing risk.
What it is
Managed services is the practice of outsourcing day-to-day management responsibilities and functions as a strategic method for improving operations, increasing revenue, cutting expenses and reducing risk.
A very wide range of services can be managed in this way, including: online activities, production support, computer and IT systems.
This is accomplished by a managed service provider that remotely manages a customer's IT infrastructure and/or end-user systems, typically on a proactive basis and under a subscription model.
Why utilize Managed Services and a Managed Service Partner
- Since a Managed Service Provider can employ remote monitoring and management software to keep tabs on your IT functions. It also allows the provider to remotely troubleshoot and remediate issues with servers and endpoint devices. This keeps labor costs in check and improves efficiency.
- If you are a smaller company that have limited in-house IT capabilities a managed service is a way to obtain IT expertise. Larger enterprises facing budget pressure and hiring limitations, may contract with a managed service provider to supplement in-house IT staff.
- As more IT infrastructure components migrate to the cloud by utilizing a managed service there are ways to incorporate hybrid cloud environments. Magenium Solutions also provide cloud services and other cloud provider capabilities, with cloud-based backup and disaster recovery a common entry point. This reduces your risks and costs moving into the cloud.
- With a Managed Service program it allows you to decide what you want your provider to take care of and what you want to handle yourself. This allows you to continue utilizing your in house staff while upgrading your capabilities or reducing risks. In addition, the managed service model gives you more budget predictability.
- Managed Services help you maintain compliance and security. With the marketplace becoming more and more competitive, security and regulatory compliance's has become a fundamental need. A good Managed Services provider helps you not only fully understand today’s requirements, but also comply with them.
- Small businesses need technology to operate efficiently and to compete effectively. In many small businesses resources are limited and can be quickly overwhelmed.
- If you fall behind in keeping up with things such as backups, patches and security, the odds greatly increase that you’ll face an outage, security issue or another problem down the road that will negatively impact your business. For instance, if your Email server, customer relationship management system, financial application or network goes down, you will likely face substantial productivity and revenue losses as a result.
- A Managed Service Partner can help you reduce these risks and increase revenue by allowing you to be more productive.
If you want to know more about how Managed Services can directly benefit your day to day operations, please do not hesitate to give us a call we would be happy to sit down and discuss a custom solution that works for you. Please contact us or call +1 (630) 786-5900.