On April 14, 2015, the next version of Lync became Skype for Business with a new client experience, new server release, and updates to the service in Office 365.
Skype for Business takes advantage of the strengths of Skype and Lync, giving organizations the ability to reach hundreds of millions of Skype users around the world. It’s all about people, and it starts with you.
• Familiar and easy: Because you know Skype, using Skype for Business with your colleagues, partners and customers is effortless — requiring less training and support.
• Anywhere, any device: Conversations travel seamlessly with you from the meeting room to any mobile device, including OS X, Windows and Android.
• Get even more out of Office: Turn an email into a meeting and escalate into a group call, thanks to improved integration with Office, Active Directory, Exchange and SharePoint.
• Face-to-face conversations from anywhere: Video and voice calling are more natural than ever — like you’re in the same room. Skype for Business is designed to deliver a high-quality experience for every conversation.
• Even more control at your fingertips: You can now confidently manage policies, grant feature rights and govern external communications, even from the cloud.
We’re excited about the possibilities that Skype for Business creates for your organization. As a Microsoft Lync partner, Magenium Solutions is prepared to continue meeting all of your development, deployment, and service needs.
If you’re interested in more information, please contact us to arrange a Skype for Business briefing. In the meantime, check out the Microsoft blog post to get a glimpse of the new UI and learn about the great new features of Skype for Business.