Great expectations. Your customers have them. Customer demands have grown. Businesses must grow to meet them. The 2016 Microsoft State of Global Customer Service Report polled 5,000 global consumers. The results reveal the value buyers now place on customer service.
- 61% of consumers view customer service as "very important" in both choice of and loyalty to a brand.
- The survey asked "Do you have higher expectations for customer service today than you had one year ago?" Among U.S. respondents, 55% said yes.
- The survey notes that 60% of consumers have stopped doing business with a brand because of poor customer service.
A robust CRM helps you meet customer expectations. What questions must you ask before you buy or upgrade your CRM?
- How easy is it to see customer history? In the Microsoft survey, 66% of U.S. respondents said they expect the customer service agent to know their contact information, product information, and service history. Does your CRM meet this expectation? Can anyone — sales, marketing, customer service — see the history?
- Will the CRM integrate with other line of business (LOB) apps? If your CRM works in a silo, how effective can it be. To improve the efficiency of your business and the efficiency of customer interactions, the CRM should easily integration with applications like accounting software, marketing tools, customer service apps, or call center hubs.
- Is mobile use of the CRM easy and helpful? We live in a mobile world. Your customers use mobile devices to drive their day. So do your employees. Before you purchase a CRM, know if your users can access critical information from anywhere they need to do business. Paired with this is on-the-fly quoting capabilities. Can your reps quickly create quotes for customers?
- What are the reporting functions of the CRM? Customer data matters, but that data must drive insight. How strong is the reporting capabilities of the CRM?
- Can the CRM keep pace with your business goals? You need assurance that your CRM can grow with your business. Can you add features as needed? Can you easily expand to new territories or markets while still keeping your data connected?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 delivers purpose-built apps for functions, like Sales, Field Service, Customer Service, Project Service Automation, and Operations. Find out what Dynamics 365 solutions can do for you. Please contact us or call +1 (630) 786-5900.