A large inventory and finance institution with locations nationwide. Accurate data warehouse reporting is critical to their success.
The customer had no dedicated project management team or process in place. They needed experts who could interpret business analytics and implement successful projects, but lacked the resources internally. The customer was dealing with unreliable estimates, poor communication, over-allocated resources and scope creep. Code releases were performed “on request” and without appropriate oversight and visibility. In addition, the company was approaching the time sensitive mandatory audits for regulatory compliance.
Magenium’s development team and PMP certified Project Manager delivered more efficient projects, valuable experience, higher levels of dedication, and multiple hours of project management expertise to the table. Magenium implemented a custom developed Dynamics CRM solution, Team Foundation Server, and related management methodologies. Team Foundation Server was developed utilizing Agile technology. A more aggressive and rapid deployment cycle was introduced in order to accelerate the reporting process. Magenium developed a weekly release management process for the migration of production application enhancements and incident resolution from development to production environment.
- Successful planning, monitoring, managing scope, and controlling time and costs.
- Over the course of two years, more than 60 projects were executed on time and on budget.
- Each project required approximately 50 documents to be created.
- Co-ordination between three project managers and five developers was achieved while interfacing with the client’s representatives.
- Operational efficiencies improved across the entire spectrum of the customer’s locations.
- The release management process allows for regular, defined production deployments with improved change management and communication protocols.